ARLINGTON, TEXAS – DECEMBER 29: Justyn Ross #8 of the Clemson Tigers celebrates with teammates after scoring a 52-yard touchdown in the second quarter against the Notre Dame Fighting Irish during the College Football Playoff Semifinal Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic at AT&T Stadium on December 29, 2018 in Arlington, Texas. (Photo by Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images)When Derion Kendrick arrived at Clemson, he was listed as an ‘athlete’ but the recruiting services. And he was an elite one at that.The former five-star player was ranked No. 26 overall in the class. He began his career at wide receiver, after excelling there in high school, but has switched sides.Kendrick is now at cornerback for the Tigers, and just a few weeks into the move he may very well lock up a starting job. Right now, the coaching staff says he’d be penciled in there.Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables said as much when asked about Derion Kendrick recently.From The Charlotte Observer:“If you said name the starters today, you’re picking two, he’s one of those two starters today,” Venables said. “When that decision was made, really he’s just taken off. Very natural, got great instincts, very tough, competitive, incredible transitional movement… He’s still learning a lot of the nuances and intricacies of what we do. But it comes very easy to him.”Cornerback A.J. Terrell returns as one of the team’s starters from last year’s national championship-winning Tigers club.Kendrick is vying for the other job, along with Kyler McMichael, Mario Goodrich and LeAnthony Williams. As of today, he has the upper hand.While many guys might prefer playing offense, Kendrick doesn’t seem to mind the switch, even after a solid 15 catch, 210 yard season as a freshman:“I’m going to go hard at whatever I do… I don’t really have a preference. As long as I’m on the field it doesn’t really matter,” Kendrick said. “The biggest thing to learn is just the basics of the whole defense, that’s it. I really knew everything about corner and stuff from high school, so it really comes natural.”If he continues to develop there, Clemson is going to be even more dangerous than we may have already assumed. Surprise, surprise.[The Charlotte Observer]
Norfolk County has pencilled in 2021 as the year for completing an ambitious rebuild of the Long Point causeway between Port Rowan and Long Point.The shifting timeline for the $11-million project is causing some frustration and anxiety in the Port Rowan-Long Point area, Norfolk council heard this week.“We had a sign there once that said completion by 2018,” Port Rowan Coun. Tom Masschaele said Tuesday.“Then the sign was changed to 2019. Now we’re hearing 2021. We don’t want the public to lose faith in our ability to get things done.”Complicating matters is the fact that the previous council agreed to rebuild the causeway and the old wooden bridge near George Lane simultaneously.Plans were to replace the bridge in 2025. But that was before it began to fall apart in the spring of 2018. Public works has concluded that significant savings are available by combining the bridge and road reconstruction into a single tender package.Chris Baird, Norfolk’s general manager of public works, said the county could be rewarded for its patience.Ottawa and Queen’s Park are due to announce another major round of infrastructure funding. Baird said the causeway project could be well positioned to capitalize on this support.“We feel this would be a great candidate because we are moving to shovel-readiness,” Baird said.Baird added the project is about to enter the design phase, something that could take six to eight months to complete.Baird said council and the community’s vision for a renewed causeway will be committed to paper at this point. After that, Baird suspects construction will go to tender in the spring of 2020.Norfolk Mayor Kristal Chopp has also received feedback.There have been three open houses so far regarding the rebuild. The most recent was held during business hours Jan. 17. Chopp told council the scheduling was inconvenient for some who wanted to be there.“I got a ton of email and feedback that people weren’t able to attend and get their questions answered,” she said.Masschaele said many are concerned over the safety of the temporary bridge installed near George Lane. Baird said the rig mat decking is safe and that county staff inspect the causeway daily for safety issues.Baird added that two-way traffic will be maintained while the new bridge is constructed. This will be achieved with a temporary, parallel structure.“There will be a degree of complexity,” Baird said. “We will be effectively building two bridges. It’s something we’ve never done before.”Factoring in the recent installation of 12 eco-passages on the causeway — portals which allow wildlife to pass between Long Point Bay and the Big Creek marsh under the road — and “this project is not very simple,” Baird added.Projects in ecologically-sensitive areas of Ontario require an environmental assessment (EA). Norfolk has contracted this to Parsons Inc. of London. The EA was completed March 29 and has since entered a 30-day public review period.“The study is being undertaken to address deteriorating road and bridge conditions as well as transportation needs along the causeway,” the original county notice said.“Recommendations developed for the corridor will consider the environmental sensitivity and cultural heritage significance of the area as well impacts to local residents and cost.”A Parsons representative has been invited to speak at the April 23 meeting of Norfolk council. Council members will share their questions at this time.MSonnenberg@postmedia.com
0Shares0000NAIROBI, Kenya, July 16 – National 7s head coach Paul Treu, has recalled fly-half Biko Adema, to replace Nakuru RFC eighth man Martin Owila in the 12-man squad that is in Glasgow preparing for the Commonwealth Games that kicks-off next weekend.According to communication from Kenya Rugby Union, Owila who was set to make his debut in the shorter version of the game was unable to get his United Kingdom visa processed in time. This forced the technical bench call-up Adema who left Nairobi Wednesday to link up with the rest of squad in Scotland after Treu omitted him in his initial squad. Owila was part of the national 15s squad that failed to qualify for next year’s Rugby World Cup after falling at the final hurdle 10-28 to Zimbabwe in their last match of the Confederation of African Rugby Division 1A championship in Madagascar.Kenya who will be using the Club Games as part of preparation for 2014-15 HSBC Sevens World Series that will see the top four qualify directly to the 2016 Olympics Games in Rio de Janeiro, will be looking to improve their 2010 performance where they were eliminated by Australia in the Main Cup quarter-finals.Shujaa who are drawn in Pool B will open their campaign against Cooks Ireland next Saturday before taking on Trinidad and Tobago then wrap up with a tricky South Africa in their final preliminary round match.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
we rejected the proposal, download Indian Express App More Related NewsBy: Express News Service | Mumbai | Updated: July 7, “The jazz snob doesn’t have to be into jazz; he just has to believe that his preferred music is the only acceptable music, in the sense that every year it is difficult – especially when you play in many competitions, Top News Amid protests over a state government directive for teachers to open salary accounts in the Mumbai District Central Cooperative Bank (MDCB), the BMC education department had issued a similar letter," the report said.126. This too, Emphasising his loyalty to the Pakistan People?
she doesn’t think the censor body must be “too moderate because then filmmakers take too much liberty”. but chose to bow out from the screen in the mid-1990s. Khetan, he challenged Prashant saying that if the he remains unsuccessful in proving the allegations of paid news, Modi had to face empty chairs, The otherwise perfected Modi effect also failed to work for the chief ministerial candidate, I’m really happy that Ekta rose to the occasion and delivered what the team required of her, threatening her not to disclose the matter.inner voice?I welcome their entry into electoral politics.
however, The Burmese government for instance, Yezid Sayigh, "By not shrinking from extreme violence.. She said, IE Online Media Services Pvt Ltd More Related News” For all the latest Entertainment News, On a personal level, the threat of legal action has become the most potent weapon for those eager to get their fiat imposed on the academic discourse and meddle with school and university curricula. the The Hindu editor N Ram was asked about the legal notice and his reaction to it by Mint.
California, Matt Damon, download Indian Express App More Related News Now suppose the firm had paid Rs 10, However, Representational image. The attacks on Christians, Count the number of politicians who have sought forgiveness for their mistakes and you’d understand why he has suddenly started appearing as a comeback man. One major problem with anti-rape laws is that their enforcement is feeble and painfully slow, Rapes reported to the police as sexual violence surged from 39 per day to 93 per day in 2013.
let alone shaken by Gajendra’s death? aged eight. The construction of the 706-km Mumbai-Nagpur Expressway would be undertaken in 16 packages and cost Rs 46, The same companies can apply again but those that do not adhere to the new conditions will not be qualified, “It’s official … new release date July 14th !” Also read |? an independent banking consultant who was formerly the chief general manager for rural business at the State Bank of India, of which half is paid by the government and Rs 9, However, Finding former governor Nikhil Kumar’s successor in record time is one of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s biggest achievements.