khgbulqw

USA: Port of Houston Authority Gets New Executive Director

first_imgColonel Leonard Waterworth, Executive Director of the Port of Houston Authority, announced last week that he is stepping down as its Executive Director.Waterworth advised the Port Commission that he had accepted the role for two years, to help the Port Authority through recent transitions and to use his U.S. Army Corps of Engineers background to help obtain permits to deepen and widen the Port Authority’s container terminal channels. Having completed those matters, he advised that he wanted to pursue other opportunities, including personal travel.In making his announcement at the Port Commission meeting, he stated: “I take pride in our accomplishments on my two year anniversary with the Port Authority. I knew I could provide leadership stability during a transitional period for the Port Authority, but as a team we have achieved so much more.”He said: “Under the combined leadership of the Port Commission and management, the Port Authority has increased revenues and profitability to record levels. We obtained the first long-term commitments with two cruise lines to use the Bayport Cruise Terminal for its intended purpose. And, maybe most importantly, working with the Army Corps of Engineers, we are on the verge of obtaining the necessary permits to prepare our container terminals for the larger ships we will see from the Panama Canal expansion, and we achieved this objective in about half the expected time.”Waterworth continued: “I have been proud to lead the capable staff at the Port Authority, and to work in tandem with the Port Commission. I thank Commissioners for the opportunity to serve, and thank the staff for their dedicated work on behalf of the Port Authority, the premier economic engine for our region.”Janiece Longoria, Chairman of the Port Commission, congratulated Waterworth on his service: “My fellow Port Commissioners and I are grateful to the Colonel for his steady leadership and his service to the Port Authority during his tenure. He worked effectively on many endeavors including operational matters and the federal permit to deepen and widen the Bayport and Barbours Cut Channels. We are proud of what has been accomplished during the past two years, and the Port Commission wishes Len the very best in his future endeavors.”The Chairman further announced that the Port Commission has appointed Roger Guenther, Deputy Executive Director of Operations, as the Port Authority’s Executive Director, and said: “Given his background and experience, the growth in our business under his operational leadership, and his long and positive service for the Port of Houston Authority, we are confident that Mr. Guenther is the right choice as successor to lead the institution as we move forward.”[mappress]Press Release, February 5, 2014last_img read more

khgbulqw

Antigua reports decrease in crime

first_img(Antigua Observer) There is a slight reduction in the number of criminal matters that were reported to the Royal Police Force of Antigua and Barbuda for the first quarter of 2018. However, the police are still concerned about an increase in traffic accidents and fires.The statistics were shared with reporters during a news conference held at the Police Headquarters Tuesday morning.According to Atley Rodney, Acting Commissioner of Police, during the period of January 2017 to April 2017, 900 crimes were reported to the police, while 707 were reported so far for January to April 2018.These offences include: break-in, attempted break-in, burglary, break-in and larceny, larceny, praedial larceny, wounding, assault, murder, attempted murder, attempted suicide, suicide, malicious damage, rape, attempted rape, buggery, indecent assault, indecent exposure, unlawful sexual intercourse, serious indecency, incest, and arson among others.“There were general examples in most areas, such as larceny, 84 less at this time; break-in and larceny, 20 less; indecent assault, eight less than last year. There were slight increases in certain crimes which are of concern to the police. These include murder moving from four for this same period last year to six this year and two additional cases of rape,” Rodney said.Rape increased from seven in the first four months of 2017 to nine, so far, in 2018.Praedial larceny jumped from five in 2017 to 16 reports for the first four months this year.Meanwhile, the traffic department recorded a total 770 vehicular accidents in the first four months of 2017 and three road fatalities and so far, this year, 926 accidents with one fatality have been reported..“This increase is not only within the city limits but the out districts. We have to appeal to the drivers to be more careful and to respect the rules of the road. The police are taking measures to address this trend,” Rodney told reporters, adding that the numbers are increasing despite an increase in public education.The Fire Department also had its hands full for the period January to April 2018. It responded to 83 fires – 46 were bush fires, 25 house fires and 12 involved vehicles.Around this same period last year, a total of 65 fires were recorded – 41 bush fires, 13 vehicular fires and 11 house fires.At the start of the year, Head of the Traffic Department Inspector Elson Quammie noted that several measures would be taken to reduce the number of accidents recorded annually, including the arrest and the revocation of driver’s licenses.Acting Commissioner Rodney said these measures will be continued throughout the rest of the year. NewsRegional Antigua reports decrease in crime by: – May 16, 2018 Tweet Share Sharecenter_img Sharing is caring! 46 Views   no discussions Sharelast_img read more

skehxrnz

Mira Sorvino thanks ‘loving’ “Goodfellas” dad Paul after he threatens to kill Harvey Weinstein for damaging her career

first_imgPhoto by Paul Archuleta/FilmMagic(LOS ANGELES) — It’s probably not wise to get on the bad side of one of cinema’s most powerful onscreen mobsters, but that’s where Harvey Weinstein now finds himself. Goodfellas star Paul Sorvino has vowed some street justice for the disgraced movie mogul’s damaging the career of Sorvino’s Oscar-winning daughter, Mira.In the wake of the numerous sexual harassment and other allegations made against Weinstein, it was revealed the disgraced movie mogul effectively punished both Mira Sorvino and Ashley Judd for rejecting his alleged advances, by badmouthing them to Lord of the Rings director Peter Jackson, who was considering them both for roles in the films.Paul Sorvino tells TMZ that if the law doesn’t catch up to “that pig” Weinstein, “he will have to meet me and I will kill that motherf***er.” Sorvino explained that the former movie titan would have been “in a wheelchair” if the “furious” actor knew what the executive allegedly tried to pull with his “wonderful, creative” daughter. On Twitter, Mira responded, “My love for my father has only continued to grow since this moment. All the love in my heart! He is the most loving father, the most brilliant actor…the wisest and most human advice giver, & best Grandpa ever!!”Jackson recently revealed to the New Zealand website Stuff that he was told to avoid Sorvino and Judd because they were difficult to work with. “At the time, we had no reason to question what these guys were telling us — but in hindsight…this was very likely the Miramax smear campaign in full swing,” said Jackson.  “I now suspect we were fed false information about both of these talented women — and as a direct result their names were removed from our casting list.”Through his rep, Weinstein has denied any accusations of retaliation.Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.Powered by WPeMatico Relatedlast_img read more