He must score… 1 It looks impossible to miss, but Giorgi Merebashvili proves it’s not.The Wisla Plock man was guilty of missing this sitter in the 2-1 loss to Gornik Leczna in the Polish top division (Ekstraklasa), which came after some hard work to set himself up.
France Deschamps extends France contract through to 2020 Chris Burton Last updated 2 years ago 23:47 10/31/17 FacebookTwitterRedditcopy Comments(0) Getty France World Cup Ligue 1 The World Cup winner is set to take his spell at the Les Bleus helm to eight years after agreeing to stay on past next summer’s showpiece in Russia Didier Deschamps has agreed a contract extension which will keep him in charge of the France national side until 2020.A World Cup winner from his playing days, the former Monaco, Juventus and Marseille coach has been in charge of his country since 2012.France 11/2 to lift World Cup Article continues below Editors’ Picks Lyon treble & England heartbreak: The full story behind Lucy Bronze’s dramatic 2019 Liverpool v Man City is now the league’s biggest rivalry and the bitterness is growing Megan Rapinoe: Born & brilliant in the U.S.A. A Liverpool legend in the making: Behind Virgil van Dijk’s remarkable rise to world’s best player He was handed the reins in the wake of Laurent Blanc’s departure after that summer’s European Championship.”I had lunch with [Deschamps] last week, we talked about the possibility of working together through to the end of Euro 2020,” French Football Federation president Noel Le Gaet told reporters at a press conference on Tuesday.”I gave him eight days to think it over. We had lunch again and we came to an agreement. “Didier Deschamps will continue as our national team coach until 2020.”Deschamps guided Les Bleus to the 2014 World Cup, earning an initial extension to his contract along the way.[OFFICIEL] – Didier Deschamps est prolongé à la tête de l’@equipedefrance jusqu’en 2020 ! #FiersdetreBleus pic.twitter.com/4885Mb8bw4— FFF (@FFF) October 31, 2017France reached the quarter-finals in Brazil, before going on to reach the final on home soil at Euro 2016.Deschamps came agonisingly close to adding to his international trophy collection and replicating his achievement of claiming silverware in France from back in 1998.Portugal, though, were to spoil the party and force the hosts to turn their attention to another qualification campaign for a major tournament.France did not have things all their own way en route to the 2018 World Cup, but secured automatic qualification as winners of Group A and are considered to be among the favourites to go all the way in Russia with an exciting young squad.Deschamps will be leading that charge, along with another European Championship campaign heading towards 2020.
Recommended for you Government ‘jumped the gun’ over Rubis leak risks Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Musical Legend KB’s Latest Save The Bays Release ‘Das What Real Bahamians Do’ Tackles the Silent Tough One, the PSA Related Items:environmentalists, leak, rubis, Save The Bays Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppThe Bahamas, 23 Jun 2015 – A leading environmentalist has called for a full investigation into a third suspected fuel leak from a Rubis station in New Providence.Ecologist & Attorney Romi Ferreira, a director of fast-growing social and environmental movement Save The Bays (STB), said highly toxic and environmentally destructive substances may have leaked, or may be continuing to leak into the ground at Porky’s Service Station on East Street South.“What seem to be test wells, some perhaps recently drilled, along with mobile recovery tanks can be observed at the station,” Ferreira said. “It would seem they are attempting to recover whatever spill material is in the ground – whatever hydrocarbon it is, either gas or diesel – as part of an ongoing exercise.“This is precisely the same methodology that Rubis used at Marathon, they installed similar types of test wells and a recovery system utilizing the same types of tanks. In fact the tanks can be observed as a part of the soil vapor extraction system Rubis currently has running in Marathon, on the property of a resident who lives at ground zero of that disastrous spill of 24,000 gallons of gas.”In the Marathon case, public awareness was raised about the grave health and environmental dangers associated with the leak, but only two years after residents were exposed to harmful, cancer causing chemicals.Ferreira said the recently revealed Sandyport case, and now this East Street South example, force Bahamians to ask how many other leaks have managed to elude public scrutiny.“How many families are being slowly poisoned without their knowledge, while fuel companies and the government maintain their silence?” he asked.“Not only do these leaks point to a culture of poor environmental stewardship, they also speak to a fundamental lack of transparency and accountability on the part of both the company or companies involved, and our elected leaders.”Ferreira said it appears that Rubis and the government learned nothing from the Marathon case, and insisted Bahamians have a right to know when their health is being placed at risk.“Fuel companies and the Ministry of Environment have a duty to make residents and businesses aware of what they know, as soon as they know it.“This is what happens in other jurisdictions around the world. Why are Bahamian lives considered less important? When will our government officials take environmental pollution seriously and move to protect us from its serious consequences?“As with the Sandyport case – which itself only recently came to light through the efforts of concerned residents and businesses – STB calls for a full and open investigation of the situation at East Street South. What’s more, the people whose lives and livelihoods may be affected by this third possible leak should be informed of what the company and the government know immediately.Test wells at Porky’s“Further, we call for increased attention to be placed to the physical state and integrity of all facilities and infrastructure that stores or transports fuels and other volatile hydrocarbon substances throughout the country.“The time for playing hide-and-seek is over, government officials and fuel companies must come clean about any possible dangers to the public health and the integrity of our environment. They cannot be allowed to play with people’s lives.” Gov’t urged to deal swiftly with Clifton oil pollution
Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppBahamas, February 26, 2017 – Nassau – Consistent with the Commissioner’s Policing Plan for 2017, Mobile Division officers seized a handgun and a quantity of ammunition after intercepting a car in Nassau Village on Friday 24th February 2017. Reports are that about 6:00pm, Mobile Division officers were conducting an operation on the Taylor Street, Nassau Village, when a motorcar occupied by two adult males was intercepted. The vehicle was subsequently searched and a 9 – millimeter handgun with 23 live rounds of ammunition was found. The two suspects were subsequently taken into custody.Press Release: RBPF#MagneticMediaNews ALERT # 2 ON POTENTIAL TROPICAL CYCLONE NINE ISSUED BY THE BAHAMAS DEPARTMENT OF METEOROLOGY THURSDAY 12TH SEPTEMBER, 2019 AT 9 PM EDT Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Electricity Cost of Service Study among the big agenda items at September 11 Cabinet meeting The Luxury of Grace Bay in Down Town Provo Recommended for you Related Items:#magneticmedianews
Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp#Bahamas, December 19, 2017 – Grand Bahama – Twenty-five thousand dollars in illicit drugs was taken off a Grandmother at the Freeport Harbour last Friday; the 60 year old American woman had the 2.5lbs of cocaine, taped to her waistline when she was arrested at the security check point. One day later, around 5pm on Saturday, also in Grand Bahama, two more American women of Pompano Beach, Florida were arrested at the same security check point at Freeport Harbour with $75,000 in cocaine strapped to their bodies.The drug mules were readying to board a go fast ferry to Ft Lauderdale when they were busted – nearly 10lbs between the two were detected by security officers. Both women are 39 years old and will appear before Magistrate this week in Grand Bahama.#MagneticMediaNews#3Americanwomenbustedfordrugs Related Items:#3Americanwomenbustedfordrugs, #magneticmedianews
Related Items: Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp#TurksandCaicos, January 11, 2018 – Providenciales – Premier Robinson in responding to a media house invitation to comment on a Face Book Posting has responded as follows:“In what has become usual mischief and gutter style politics, certain members of the Opposition choose to mislead the people of this country. If it were not a serious accusation and mistruth, I would not feel compelled to respond to Grand Turk North’s candidate who posted that the UK Government had rejected my Government’s application for a supplementary.The Ministry of Finance forwarded the final responses to questions raised last week and the Governor in dismissing any such statements, has confirmed that the UK is actively considering the request”, says Premier Robinson.Premier Robinson went on to say, “what basis would there be to deny critical works identified by the elected Government of these Islands, many of which will begin critical works to Schools among other critical projects? If the UK rejected such a Supplementary, the Hon Member should be joining the Government in protest and not celebrating as such as the last time I checked this country belonged to all of us. We must know that there are issues that we must stand resolute on and political division on national issues is not only immature but reckless.”“In the Supplementary submitted there are critical resources for the Police, funding for NHIP, repairs to Schools which can double as Shelters, funding to support the introduction of online payment to better secure government revenues and enhance public service, funding to support the critical work of the National Physical Development Plan, additional resources to support border control and planning enforcement activities, among other critical projects and matters. We can only hope that the people will continue to dismiss gutter style politics and demand a higher level of representation from all its elected members,” says Premier Robinson. Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Hon Sharlene L Cartwright RobinsonPremier & Minister of FinanceThe Turks and Caicos Islands
DOD officials have dubbed the next few days “Space Week,” culminating with a Senate Armed Service Committee hearing Thursday morning. Developments leading up to this week’s testimony include:Acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan, Air Force Secretary Heather Wilson, Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. David Goldfein, and head of the Air Force Space Command Gen. John Raymond are in Colorado Springs, Colo., at the annual Space Symposium, Defense One reports.In Space Symposium remarks Tuesday Shanahan said the U.S. needs to “grow our margin of dominance in space to protect our $19 trillion economy and ensure access for our warfighter.” He said the U.S. is in an era of “great power competition, and the next major conflict may be won or lost in space.”Rep. Mike Turner (R-Ohio), ranking member of the House Armed Services Strategic Forces Subcommittee, has qualified his position on the proposed Space Force. “I’m not opposed to undertaking a separate space function under the Air Force; I just want to make certain we do it right,” he told Defense News. “What we proposed before was haphazard, and what we have an opportunity to do now is very thoughtful undertaking to try to advance our operations and our acquisitions of space assets.”Rep. Jim Cooper (D-Tenn.), one of the one of the architects of a Space Corps proposal that has become the model for the Space Force, still supports the proposal but wants more congressional involvement. “I had always wanted a space capability within the Air Force,” Cooper told Defense News. We did not want it to be outside the Air Force; we want to play nicely with others, and it’s a graduated process. I think one day it will be an entirely separate department, but not in the short run.”Air Force Technology provides an overview of what is known so far about the proposed Space Force. ADC AUTHOR Air Force photo by Staff Sgt. Emily Kenney
The rally at Jantar Mantar was attended by ex-servicemen from 22 states and five Union Territories, the organisers claimed.“We have all resolved to continue our protest till such time that the government removes the seven anomalies in the OROP scheme announced by them,” said Maj Gen (Retd) Satbir Singh, President of Indian Ex-Servicemen Movement, who is spearheading the agitation since about 90 days. “Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar has said a written order on OROP will come out in a month. If the anomalies are not removed by then, we will resort to fast-unto-death,” he said. He said the veterans have been seeking for an appointment with Prime Minister Narendra Modi to explain the OROP issue. Also Read – Punjab on alert after release of excess water from Bhakra dam“But he said yesterday that OROP is being given at the expense of the poor people in the country. We have been deeply hurt and are anguished over this comment,” Singh said. A few ex-servicemen earlier undertook ‘fast-unto-death’ but ended it after